What does it mean to be Certified Organic?
Certified Organic is your only guarantee that the ingredients in your products are 100% natural, and produced without animal testing, GM ingredients, controversial chemicals, paragons, phthalates and synthetic ingredients. To be certified, products undergo rigorous testing to ensure the ingredients are natural, and that the products contain specified amounts of Certified Organic ingredients, depending on the certifying body.
Who is Zuii Organic certified by?
Zuii’s entire range has been awarded the highest globally recognised organic certifications - BDIH, COSMOS & NASAA Organic. Our ingredients must meet a minimum of 95% Certified Organic, while the remaining 5% must be of a natural origin. The use of chemical or synthetic ingredients are prohibited from our range
Why should I use Certified Organic products?
Compared to conventional products, Certified Organic cosmetics and body products are much better for your health and the environment. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on your makeup and body care? You’ll probably notice some harmful chemicals with the ability to absorb into your skin, enter your bloodstream, and cause all sorts of problems from headaches to kidney damage.
Even natural products may include harmful preservatives and preparation aids, so it’s essential to look for products that are Certified Organic, and will not damage your health. In fact, Certified Organic ingredients are known to sooth, protect and improve the health of your skin. For example, essential oils hydrate the deeper layers of your skin, and fruit extracts can smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Organic agriculture is also a very important part of conserving the environment. It ensures soil stays healthy, and uses less energy than conventional farming. While conventional farmers use synthetic chemicals and pesticides to keep their crops healthy, organic farmers use mulching and/or mechanical controls (e.g. crop rotation, fences) to manage weeds and pests. This ensures the soil stays healthy and can thrive on its own. In addition, administering chemicals is an energy intensive process, so by forgoing these controls, organic farmers also save a great deal of energy.
What makes Zuii so different to other Certified Organic cosmetic companies?
With Zuii, you don’t have to compromise on performance to wear Certified Organic makeup. Our products perform to a professional cosmetic grade, so you can get the coverage, colour and longevity of a traditional product, without risking the health of your skin.
Zuii is also the world’s first flora-based makeup and body care range. Our products are made from a base of real flowers. Yes, that’s right - you'll be wearing flowers on your face!
Does Zuii use Bismuth Oxychloride in their products?
NO! ZUII DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS IS AN INGREDIENT THAT SHOULD BE USED ON YOUR SKIN. MANY MINERAL MAKEUP RANGES USE THIS INGREDIENT AS IT MAKES THE SKIN APPEAR TO HAVE A ‘HEALTHY’ SHEEN, AND HELPS MAKEUP STICK TO YOUR SKIN. THIS INGREDIENT SELDOM OCCURS IN NATURE AND IS KNOWN TO GET STUCK IN PORES AND CAUSE IRRITATION.
Does Zuii contain Talc?
NO! ZUII DOES NOT USE TALC IN OUR PRODUCTS. IN MOST CONVENTIONAL LINES OF MAKEUP, TALC IS USED AS AN ANTI-CAKING AGENT AND TO IMPROVE THE FEEL OF POWDERS AND LIPSTICKS. THERE IS MUCH CONTROVERSY OVER WHETHER THIS INGREDIENT CAUSES CANCER, AND EVIDENCE IS INCONCLUSIVE. THEREFORE, WE DO NOT WANT TO RISK CONSUMERS’ HEALTH BY INCLUDING THIS INGREDIENT IN OUR RANGE.
Does Zuii use nanoparticles?
NO! WE DO NOT USE ANY NANOPARTICLE INGREDIENTS IN OUR RANGE. MANY NANOPARTICLE INGREDIENTS HAVE BEEN LINKED TO CANCER AND OTHER HEALTH ISSUES, SO WE STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH THE USE OF NANOPARTICLE TECHNOLOGY.
Do Zuii products contain alcohol?
ZUII ONLY USES THE GOOD STUFF IN OUR RANGE. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, THERE ARE GOOD TYPES OF ALCOHOL, LIKE CETEARYL AND BEHENYL. GOOD ALCOHOLS PROTECT THE SKIN AND RETAIN MOISTURE, WHICH IS WHY WE USE THEM TO HOLD OUR PRODUCTS TOGETHER. THEY BEAR NO RELATION TO ETHANOL ALCOHOL THAT MAKES YOU DRUNK, OR THE METHANOL AND BENZYL ALCOHOL THAT DRIES OUT YOUR SKIN.
Are Zuii products Gluten Free?
Although we cannot 100% guarantee our raw ingredients don't contain traces if Gluten, our products are considered Gluten Free.
Are Zuii products Cruelty Free?
Yes! Zuii is Certified Cruelty Free. We do not test on animals under any circumstances. Not only do we believe animal testing is cruel, we also acknowledge its immense limitations compared with non-animal alternatives, such as cell-based tests and sophisticated computer models.
Is Zuii safe to use while pregnant?
While Zuii are some of the safest products to use during pregnancy, we still always recommend you speak to you doctor before using products if you are pregnant. But in general terms, being Certified Organic does mean our products are the safest possible to use while pregnant.